2018 Care Coordination and Discharge Planning Summit
Successful Strategies for Improving Patient Flow, Discharge Planning & Care Transition
May 10-11, 2018 • Orlando, FL
About the Conference
In the ever-changing environment of reduced payments, dwindling resources, and the complexities of patient’s medical and social needs, health systems are challenged to augment risk mitigation strategies to support patient throughput and decrease wait times and readmissions while improving clinical outcomes and reduce costs for all providers. Effective care coordination requires integrated strategies and collaboration among all providers involved with a patient’s care to ensure successful patient throughput, discharge planning and care transition. Providing timely access to appropriate care and optimizing hospital flow are critical to increasing value for patients, clinicians, and health care systems.
Medicare penalties for patients readmitted within 30 days of discharge continue to cost hospitals millions of dollars annually. The prevention of avoidable readmissions has become a priority for patient safety and improved quality of life. Implementation of effective and coordinated discharge planning and post-acute care outreach programs can improve patient care and prevent costly hospital readmissions.
The 2018 Care Coordination and Discharge Planning Summit convenes industry experts to discuss best practices to improve care coordination, patient flow, and discharge planning processes across the care continuum. Attendees will be provided with the latest evidence and practice tools to improve collaboration among primary care, acute care services and post-acute care providers.
By attending the 2018 Care Coordination and Discharge Planning Summit, you will:
- Reduce Medicare penalties by preventing costly hospital readmissions
- Understand the proper integration among primary care, acute care and post care services to prevent costly hospital readmissions
- Drive efficiency and collaboration amongst all stakeholders
- Incorporate initiatives to improve patient throughput and enhance patient safety and experiences
- Learn key aspects of initiating telehealth programs to ease crowding in the ED
- Receive regulatory updates for CMS Conditions of Participation for Discharge Planning
- Leverage data and technology to improve patient flow and discharge planning decision making
- Gain effective discharge planning processes for mental health patients in the ED to reduce readmissions
- Attain effective strategies and planning tools for successful patient choice and transitions of care
- Network with other leading healthcare professionals